Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Rose Quartz Heart


Pictured here is a rose quartz heart. It found it's way into my life because a family member found it randomly, knew I loved stones and then just gave it to me. I was definitely thrilled. Although I have many stones, it was the first heart shaped stone I had gotten. I feel like stones don't just randomly show up, and that they enter your life like this because you need them.

Rose quartz represents unconditional love. Love is a beautiful thing. Love can also bring pain, but if we learn to love unconditionally then love turns into a beautiful thing again. Because you can love someone from a distance. You can love someone despite them not wanting to speak to you anymore. To love someone even though they are not in your life anymore means to only want the very best for them. It means hoping they find someone who loves them deeply, and hoping them great happiness in life. It does not mean hoping they regret never speaking to you, or hoping they feel guilty. That is not loving unconditionally.

I have indeed heard someone adamantly claim "I love her unconditionally" in one breath and in the next breath wish that she feels guilty for what she has done to him. He doesn't see the error here.

And while it is hard to love unconditionally, it is very possible. Loving ourselves unconditionally is also important. We need to love ourselves and others in order to keep our heart open. When you forgive, you open your heart. And when your heart is open, it's a beautiful thing, because then love will find it's way to you again. And you will experience great joy in life when it does. The stone pictured above is a representation of an open heart, open to giving love and open to receiving it in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment